Liddell Coal Operations - Modification (7) to Development Consent DA 305-11-01
The modification application has been made under Section 75W of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. Liddell Coal Operations Pty Limited is seeking minor amendments to DA 305-11-01 to facilitate required remediation works on a portion of the Mountain Block Offset Area. Minor amendments are also sought to DA 305-11-01 to improve the efficiency of the operation as well as gaining the flexibility required for the development of a final landform which can adapt to the operational, economic and environmental constraints experienced throughout the mine life whilst meeting the rehabilitation objectives established for LCO (the Modification).
The Modification includes the following components:
- Minor amendments to the Development Application Boundary / Project Area to incorporate a portion of the Mountain Block Offset Area to facilitate required remediation works in accordance with the approved Biodiversity Offset Management Plan;
- Minor amendment to conditions of DA 305-11-01 to provide the necessary flexibility for mining operations and the associated final landform outcomes to meet the site's rehabilitation objectives;
- Minor amendment to Table 8 of Schedule 3, Condition 37 of DA 305-11-01 to reflect areas available for mine rehabilitation to grassland; and
- Administrative amendments to Schedule 2, Condition 2, and Schedule 3, Conditions 16 and 29 of DA 305-11-01.
The EIS was lodged with the Department of Planning and Environment on the 21st August.
The Modification Request and accompanying documents may be inspected at the following locations from Thursday 30 August 2018 until Thursday 13 September 2018 during the ordinary office or opening hours of the agency concerned:
• An electronic copy may be viewed free of charge at Department of Planning and Environment at 320 Pitt Street, Sydney;
• An electronic copy may be viewed free of charge at a Service NSW Centre located near you
• A hard copy may be inspected at the locations listed below:
- Singleton Council: Administrative Centre, cnr Queen Street & Civic Avenue, Singleton;
- Muswellbrook Shire Council: Administrative Centre, 157 Maitland Street, Muswellbrook; and
- Nature Conservation Council NSW: Level 14, 338 Pitt Street, Sydney. (Building access is restricted and the Modification Request may be viewed by prior appointment only – please call 02 9516 1488)
You may also view the Modification Request and accompanying documents electronically on the Department's website (http://www.majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au/page/on-exhibition).
Your submission must reach the Department by Thursday 13 September 2018.