Glencore is committed to delivering positive and lasting social and economic benefits in the regions where we operate.
We support a comprehensive Community Investment program, supporting a range of organisations delivering services and initiatives in key investment areas of:
- Capacity building, including education/training, enterprise development & economic diversity
- Additional needs identified in community planning at a local or regional level.
Some of our community partnerships include:
- Muswellbrook Relay for Life
- Singleton Public School
- Muswellbrook Public School
- Scone Public School Breakfast Club
- Singleton Fly Fishing Club
- Upper Hunter Conservatorium of Music
- Black Coal Cup – Westpac
- Singleton High School
- Variety Children's Christmas Party
- Singleton Preschool
- Legacy Week
- Singleton Theatrical Society
- Lake Liddell Recreational Area
Liddell Coal recognises that genuine partnerships with stakeholders and with local communities in particular, are an essential part of business success. Liddell Coal selectively devotes time, effort and resources to communication and involvement with local communities and engages as a responsible corporate citizen with the wider society of which it is part.
As set out in Glencores Values and Code of Conduct, Liddell Coal is committed to co-operting with local communities and other stakeholders, in order to deliver industry-leading returns to our shareholders.
We will achieve this by communicating honestly and in a transparent manner with all stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers, and especially with the communities in which we operate. Our ongoing support for the local community is demonstrated by significant investments and corporate social investment activities, which includes donations, sponsorship and in-kind assistance for a range of environmental, community, health and educational initiatives.
To apply for support from the LCO Community Investment Program please follow this link.